Sunday, September 25, 2005

a premature farewell

the past two weeks has been a whirlwind of change. all of a sudden, i'm engulfed in something new and i never thought something like this will happen this soon.

for 3 years and 9 months, i walked through these halls... and these walls have been silent witnesses to my tears, laughters, bitterness, kalokohan, and all (yup, even my heartbreak and heartmake... heartmake? watda?).

i've tasted just about every weird food there is: dacar, global, and now... something gourmet. but hey, weird isn't always bad and i'm proud to say these rather edible goodies sustained me for years. =)

i've seen how the pantry has evolved from wash-your-mug-by-the-window-and-kill-the-plants-outside to this more sophisticated look-i-have-a-sink-but-alas-there's-no-table-only-two-chairs pantry.

people come and go. and i've been a witness to these wonderful instances.

the coming part is good. new faces, new names, new good deeds to remember, new learnings to gain and share. there are a hundred and one newbies... they actually outnumber us now hihi. they make me laugh, they make me smile. sometimes they make my head ache with questions that i can't answer hihi... because i simply don't know the answer. sorry... =)

the going part is the one that makes me sad... majority of my good friends are gone. over the years, we mourned whenever another good heart leaves mere traces of the best memories we could ever have.

maybe this is the right time for me to go, with everything coming into place so smoothly. i prayed for it... that whatever comes in first is the real gift for me.

i have more than a month to enjoy everything good that's associated with spi... to gather every bit of learning and memory... to enjoy the company of the greatest people i've worked with.

thank you for the gift. may i find equal, if not greater, happiness in this new venture. i know i will with my good friend, maricor, beside me... =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is inspiring. Keep up the great work. If you are interested in a blog about
www webex com, a comment is very
welcome :-)

beng said...

awww, caths, i know exactly how you feel. been there. =) but i'm happy for this career move, i know you'd do great khit san ka man mapadpad. go gurl! =)