Tuesday, October 16, 2007

my good old comb




this is my old untangler. i see two bristles have a tiny tinge of rust now, the plastic edge snapped years ago when it fell for the nth time, and yes, the bristles are not aligned anymore, but this is still my dear comb and i wont replace it for a very loooong time. why will i if it still serves its purpose of untangling my tangly hair day after day after day?

i remember wawin gave it to me for an occasion. i'm guessing it's christmas. he was probably in elementary and i was in college. i consider it a sweet gift because it was my favorite color and it is something i could use everyday.

since that day he gave it to me, i have never misplaced it. i know where to find it and it is in my bag. if it's not there, it's somewhere still see-able. i tell you, i have NEVER misplaced it!

the second time i went home to pinas last july 7, i almost lost it. waaaah! i looked for it all over the house but i didn't find it. and then i had to buy a new comb. :( it was a black plastic comb - won't ever replace my dear untangler. btw, i never liked brushes because i electric-fan-dry my hair after taking a bath and i don't want to use a brush when i do this.

i packed my things with a heavy heart on the 8th of july as i was about to head back to SG from thecx's wedding. i know i lost my best comb but there was nothing i could do but move on with the new black plastic comb.

it was only when i got here and opened my suitcase that i saw it there. i swear i saw it smiling back at me. :) i love this comb. wawin gave it to me. :)

No comments: