Sunday, October 30, 2005

an unexpected present and an interesting sequence of numbers

after watching the legend of zoro with papa mike, he handed me a brown paper bag and asked me to open it. inside was a package neatly wrapped in lilac wrapper and he told me it's from his mom and the gift was something i could use for my new work.

awww... i was so touched medyo muntik na ko maiyak sa sinehan no! ano ba naman... hihi... so i opened the package and inside was a book - inner beauty at work by didi nakar maranon... and a small token of my guardian angel... awww so thoughtful... grabe. i was so touched by this gesture.

and it was then that mike reminded me of his mom's birthday on nov. 11 and that i was invited to their gathering... hihi...

and it was also then that i saw this interesting pattern of numbers on the birthdays of special women in my life:

1010 - oct 10: is my ex's mom's birthday. yup... we still talk every now and then. not necessarily about the ex... but about my life and her life. i guess she's sensible and sensitive enough to just talk about the beauies and aches of life and nothing more. =) we send text messages or speak over the phone and i dunno but there's something about her voice that soothes me... a real mother image - selfless and loving... personified through her caring ways. i enjoy reading her messages. it's as if i'm listening to maala-ala mo kaya... a real classic mom giving you pieces of advice and warm wishes.

1111 - nov 11: is mike's mom's birthday. i'm not yet that close to her... we met only thrice (?) but i could say he's really nice... she actually reminds me of my mom's personality. i mean the mere gesture of giving me something that would help me adjust in my new endeavor is SOMETHING that really means so much to me. i never thought she would remember me that way and i'm really touched and am looking forward to getting to know her more. mike said "mas mahal ka pa nga sakin nun!"... i don't know if he's just making me bola... but i don't care... bola or not, i'm really happy and touched and overwhelmed.

and i told him that my next bf's mom's birthday would probably be a 1212... and he looked at me sternly and said "e bakit? may next pa ba?" hihi... eto naman... masyadong oa... sabi ko lang naman baka eh! and it hit me just last night that yeah... i do have a 1212!

1212 - dec 12: is my mom's birthday! how stupid could i get sometimes (lang?)? and she laughed at me when i told her about it. "ano ba? yung 1212 pa ang matagal mong pinag-isipan?" hehe... my mom? need i say more? she knows everything (not all naman... baka sabunutan ako kung all eh). all that she needs to know, that is... and she told me that most of her friends envy (in a nice way) what we have as mom and daughter. she's my friend... i'm her friend... we're buddies, we make pintas together, we laugh and cry together - over life and over tv shows and over movies. we share just about everything... and i love her sooo much... i always tell her that i don't mind not getting married as long as we live together... and she would answer me... "tange... syempre masaya ang mag-asawa no!!!" hihihi...

* i just have to share that starbuck's mango juice... tastes perfectly like nutrilicious mango flavor. mike didn't notice it until i blurted it out... "P90 for nutrilicious mango? crap..." daw... hehe. oh well...

2 comments:

beng said...

what coincidences! kami sa bahay, almost din. 0101 mama's bday, 0202 sa akin, 0606 papa ko. si cabron lang naiba, 0105. hehehe!

namimiss ko na mga kuwentong mommy mo caths! cool ng nanay mo eh, ilalaban ka ng patayan! hehehe!

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwww ang sweet naman :) and what a coincidence! this is probably IT! kasi kung hindi... naku andami pa niyan... 0101... 0202... 0303... 0404... 0505... 0606... 0707... 0808... 0909... ngiyaaarrrrr

cool nga sobra ng mom mo... dami ko natutunan sa kanya... favorite ko yun pag "voice over" natin sa mga customer sa makro parking lot hehehe