Sunday, January 21, 2007

fiestah

what's with the title? duh.

3rd week of january = fiesta. the day started with the 9am mass. bishop jesse mercado was here so the lectors had to dress up in filipiniana costumes. i think my barong-style top was a bit big for me. it is dencia's and it still looked big on me. how thin am i?

it was a 2-hour mass. there were dozens of sto. nino statues in front of the altar, all waiting to be blessed. i have a confession to make. i'm not too crazy about religious statues. sometimes they scare me... especially the super old ones. maybe i've seen too much images of dancing sto. ninos on tv when i was young. and i was really scared of it... i still am. i mean, i don't need dancing statues to make me believe in God. the sight of it just scares me. maybe because i know that there is a human behind it all... and it just looks, uhh... scary. gives me goosebumps.

the entire aldaba clan was invited for lunch to introduce them to tito danny. it was a good lunch, with too much food, the usual magic sing galore, my uncle's persistent requests for me to sing (i rarely give in), a few ballroom dancing for the oldies, the evening procession, and that's about it.

oh i forgot to mention the post drinking chaos... right now, i could hear a couple of drunk men fighting, or almost fighting outside. this is the 2nd fight session for the night. it never fails. give them bottles of beer, and there's a series of war afterwards. and i don't really get it. and the barangay tanods will have to work overtime to stop the sabong. argh.

but yeah, all of these trips make up the fiesta... take one away and it's not fiesta.

No comments: