Sunday, May 17, 2009

healing

no, i wasn't knocked out by manny. this was me two weeks ago after the excruciating battle i had with, um, my 2 wisdom teeth. the lower left one started giving me pains a few weeks ago. i asked around and found out wisdom tooth extraction in singapore costs 900SGD per tooth. 900! there are so many things i could do with 900! no way will i have it done here. 


the dentist in MOA charges 10k PHP, 20k max. simple math and my heart told me to book a flight back home and have the surgery done there. furthermore, mom referred me to her dentist in sucat and the dentist estimated 4k per tooth! my my. fly home it is, with twinkling eyes and a hope of somehow going for a quick summer swim at the beach. nagbaon ako ng swimsuit :)


the day came. the dentist advised that we should extract the lower right one as well. keeping it, he said, will only cause similar problems some other time. fine. matapang ako. go for it, doc! fine. after the surgery, all energy left my system. all i wanted to do was lie down and be still forever. wow! try it... search for "wisdom tooth extraction" in youtube and see how bad it looks like.


thus the picture above. i would like to thank my mom and my brother for taking care of me during the first few days that i was incapacitated. susme saksakan ng oa. they were the best nurses, waking up to feed me with ensure chocolate drink (which sustained me for a week) and give me the meds that i had to take strictly every 6 hours. the first 24 hours was unbearable! more painful than my first extraction  a few years ago.


so i thought i could have a good summer swim?! suntok sa buwan. hahaha! wish ko lang. was lucky enough to meet a few friends - maria and college friends - during my last days in manila. i was simply not in good shape to have too much fun. 


on my way back here, the H1N1 flu hype was starting so i was a bit nervous. what if i had a slight fever due to my wounded gums? what if they stopped me and detained me? that was my negative, dark self thinking. i got back safely. safe doesn't mean well, though. my mind wandered to the darkest alleys, searching online for complications after extraction. dry socket scared me to death. it's a condition when the protective blood clot of the gum wound gets lost. in effect, your gums will heal slowly - it is a painful state! BUT only less than 10% of patients get  it :)


mind over matter works. i got the complication after all. hahaha. kakaisip ko, nagkaron ako ng dry socket. so i ended up consulting a dentist here. magaling sya. idol namin sya ni jan. he gave me a medicated mouthwash (pearlie white). i call it miracle mouthwash.


akala ko'y wala nang bukas. akala ko'y wala nang liwanag. napagtanto kong, umaarte lang pala ako. i became better eventually :) all i have now are two holes on my gums. and i realized just this lunch that i am eating normally again :) now i could say i'm healing.


music please... 

Now that we have gotten through 

One more fall

I can just admit I've got it all
Cause I do 
Cause I've got you 
We've crossed these battle lines too many times
It passes through the heart
But it never leaves a mark

Cause Your love just keeps on healing me
No matter how I bruise
If I just trust You
Your love just keeps on healing me
One more clue
One more chance that wasn't there before
In your arms
No pain can harm the way I'm feeling
Lord I know that Your love is healing

I've kicked around those lines in my head
But I've never listened to the words that You said
See where it's lead
Well I know I have it now
Cause You showed me how
And all I had to do
Was just to keep my eyes on You

Cause Your love just keeps on healing me
No matter how I bruise
If I just trust You
Your love just keeps on healing me
One more clue
One more chance that wasn't there before
In your arms
No pain can harm the way I'm feeling
Lord I know that Your love is healing

(Break)

Cause Your love just keeps on healing me
No matter how I bruise
If I just trust You
Your love just keeps on healing me
One more clue
One more chance that wasn't there before
In your arms
No pain can harm the way I'm feeling

Lord I know that Your love is healing

No comments: