Saturday, August 20, 2011

it's my birthday!

august 17, 2011 - i am 31.

what changed since my last birthday?
  • my pants don't fit me anymore

  • i am more health (and weight) conscious now

  • i am now married

  • i have graduated from the LDR sector

  • my teeth are becoming sungki - wisdom teeth extraction side-effects (yata)

  • wrinkles

  • home address


  • and what things were unchanged?
  • my height

  • oh, i still don't have white hair!

  • employer

  • my passport - which i should renew this year

  • my surname - which i should legally change soonish


  • there there! so the birthday started with the traditional midnight bulahaw cake. i knew there was a cake. i saw a red cake box in the ref haha! but who would mind being bombarded at midnight if the bombarders will bring something like this:



    kuya, april, and keyla gave me a perfume! it's been ages since i last bought one. love it!



    my mike gave me this wristlet. we gave the same but black color to tita during her birthday and i liked it then. "di mo na gagamitin yung luma at marumi mong purse" awww



    that plus a lunch treat in our favorite chinese resto, din tai fung. you are looking at the yummiest food in the world!



    jan and frank gave these dr. seuss books! i didn't know who dr. seuss was until i got these wonderful books:



    then last thursday, i got this:



    it contained this much messages from friends and family! so good to receive messages from people all over the world! hehehe. each card was intricately crafted by the loving hands of good friends (and a drunk man, apparently. hahaha) needless to say, naiyak ako.



    too much love in the world! makes me thankful i'm alive!

    dear Lord, thank you for another year. thank you for another day. thank you for the overflowing love. thank you for all the blessings.

    ps:
    mike and i believe in this song...
    Even though we ain't got money
    I'm so in love with ya honey


    but not in this...
    When we’re hungry...love will keep us alive

    how? how? how?

    happy birthday!!!

    No comments: