Saturday, June 08, 2013

on sea waves and papa

my earliest memory of the beach was when papa took me to the sea shore near my lola's house in mindoro. i was probably 4 or 5 years old then. i couldn't remember much about that trip, or if it was indeed in mindoro, but that beach stroll was very vivid. i could still remember how, for the first time, the waves touched my feet. how i got scared of the strange moving water so i tightened my grip on papa's hand. i still remember feeling dizzy and disoriented as i stared at the water rushing back to the sea. then we walked along... all feelings replaced by awe and happiness... and i somehow learned to love the majestic sea.

to the man who first brought me to the beach, we shared quite a few father-daughter moments, but this is probably the best! happy birthday, mr. leny! i hope you are in a state of bliss now, just like what we shared on my first beach stroll. please watch over us. 

ps: ehm but please don't make paramdam. hehehe. we all know we are strong when dealing with problems, but not when it comes to mumus. 

No comments: