Thursday, March 05, 2015

Youthful Love


The best stage of (romantic) love for me would probably be old age love.  I always get inspired when I see elderly couples still smitten, walking with hands locked, simply sitting side by side, or sometimes one pushing the other's wheelchair. 

I remember hearing a story of a lolo and lola who are holding-hands-while-walking-may-pa-sway-sway-pa.  A youngster told them, "How sweet!"  Then lolo replied, "Hija (yes talagang hija!), we are not being sweet.  At our age, I need lola to guide me as I walk, the same way she needs me to guide her as she walks."  

It is at this stage when each probably looks beyond the physical beauty, or probably not, for all we know! :) how dare I judge what beauty is for someone who is IN love with another?

It is at this stage when they probably have been through the best and worst in life.  Financial woes, a scary trip to the hospital, surviving illness, cheating death, raising children, "raising" parents/in-laws, building a house, almost falling out of love, accepting differences, changing for the better, going places! 

It is the form of love I dream of experiencing - a youthful love that looks beyond youthfulness! May we be gifted with good health so we could go through the difficulties and joys of life together.  I yearn to still hold your hand as we walk in our sunset years!

No comments: