Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Transformations

Kuya told me that Keyla is now transitioning from our baby girl to a full grown 5 year old kid.  

The other night, she assembled her toy tent in their room and excitedly asked if she could sleep in it (vs on the bed with her parents).  The dad said no.

Yesterday, she asked if she could walk alone to her classroom from the school entrance (vs being accompanied by April all the way inside).  The mom said no.

When I heard the stories, it broke my heart.  Maybe not as painful as what her parents felt, but it pinched, more of punched, my auntie-heart.  Haha!  Sounds exaggerated but mostly true.

I wailed and acted crushed and asked her, "Why?????  Don't you want to do things with us anymore?  Don't you love us anymore????" 

She laughed and answered, "I love you auntie, but I want to start doing things on my own."

Enough said.

Nothing could have prepared me for that reply.  Haha!

#TitaProblems

#TitaDiaries

#TitasOfManila

No comments: