Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Whangarei Trip - part 1

It's been almost a year since Mike and I went on a road trip.  Last weekend, we made an advanced anniv trip up north to Whangarei.  It's a trip that never disappointed.  Perfect in every way :)

Weather forecast was promising - it promised there will be rain, winds, and don't-even-try-to-make-plans-this-weekend kind of weather.  We made plans anyway.  We figured we'll sleep all day in Whangarei if weathers turns really sour.

On our almost 3 hour journey, there was an ongoing battle between the sun and the clouds.  It was good in a way because we've discovered that since we've moved to NZ, extreme sunlight triggers our migraine - and it pretty much moves us into a worthless state.  So some cloud bkanket is really good!


It rained indeed.  This is the entrance of the b&b, all doomed and lonely (I associate rain with grief).

And with a little luck, the above pic magically turned into something like this:

The bathroom - with the pikachu (peek at you, get?) window.  It was very neat and maselan-approved.  I pray that nobody ever walked outside during the times I took a bath and used the loo for whatever reason.  I pray.

The bed with a mosquito net (aka kulambo).  The owner had been very honest, she said she saw 1 mosquito the other day so she attached the mosquito net.  So thoughful!

Loved these outdoor hot tubs!  Took away all the stress and exhaustion.  I liked it scalding hot!

We had burgers for lunch!  Si misis matipid!  Nagbaon ng burgers!  Hahaha!  I swear I craved for adobo and wished that we brought adobo instead of burgers.  This was reminiscent of our Turi Beach (Indonesia) trip when we brought packed lunch of lumpia and rice.  Kailangan laging may baon!

Loved these pictures on the wall beside the tubs.  If I were to name this picture, the name would be "Talikod".

Since the weather turned fab, we went outside and let our hair down!  Explored the exterior of the house and we found paradise.

This is the view from the garden:

This is the b&b, hosted by Susy and Brett.  Such lovely hosts!

And more take-my-breath-away views!

What I'd do to wake up every morning to these views!

No comments: