Friday, November 28, 2008

nag-iisa't walang makasama

my brothers were out again. this meant i had to eat all by myself for lunch. i don't mind being alone anymore. got used to it somehow.

for a change, i didn't settle with take-away salat und jogurt that i had to eat at my desk. work load wasn't something i couldn't handle today so i told myself i will have a good, long walk and eat a good meal if i find one place i fancy.

the sun was out! perfect for a walk, though i could still feel the cold wind seeping through my soul. this place is not for humans. this is for penguins! hehe.

and there it was, a diner that looked ok. i badly wanted shawarma but i thought it would be hard to eat it. i am an overly self-conscious person! it's a struggle for me to be alone in public places. i know, i'm weird!

flashback (complete with stardust): the only time i remember i ate alone in public was in atc (during college), while waiting for kuya to fetch me. i had a few hours to kill and i had no choice but to eat alone.

going back to the present time (complete with stardust):
so i had pasta, very convenient to eat! i wasn't at ease for the full 20-ish minutes i was eating. but i made it! i got out and strolled on the sunny street again, like i was the breeze!

when i got back to my work area, i felt very accomplished. i seriously think this is just my 2nd time to eat alone in public (pangatlo ang meryenda ko sa starbucks while waiting for jan and marco). i'll probably have more of this in my lifetime. better start early!

No comments: