Saturday, August 28, 2010

hanky story number two

this one's from mikey too. let me relay why it's all crumpled and why it's on a tissue paper.


here in sg, people use tissue packs to "reserve" or "save" tables in food courts. apparently, as you will learn later, they don't consider hankies as valid "reservations"!


jan and i went to food republic for lunch one day and we luckily found one free table. we reserved it using my hanky and off we went to buy our food. after a few minutes, we were devastated to find that our table was occupied. what's worse is, my hanky's gone! war mode, jan said, "we left a hanky to reserve this table." the local girl was a warrior herself :p "but there's no hanky here!"


enough said, we walked away and looked for a new table. i was determined to get my hanky back! we waited for auntie table-cleaner and asked her if she saw my hanky by any chance. she said her colleague found it and kept it. she looked for him (an uncle) and presto, he returned my hanky. he got the hanky from his pocket and handed it to me. me = extremely happy.


however, i didn't know what happened to my hanky from the time i left it on the table to the time it was handed back to me. i didn't intend to use it anymore for that day so i turned it inside-out and planned to just keep it in my bag. hola hola hola! when i opened it, something wet and slimy was there! wasn't that much though. hahaha! uncle must have colds :p


if it's just a regular hanky, i would have thrown it, but it isn't and it's a gift. so i just wrapped it in a tissue paper. aha, and now it's all clean and washed up! enough said. wet and slimy.

No comments: