Tuesday, July 11, 2006

i might have scared Mr. X

characters:
caths = me! the QA girl
Mr. X = the programmer boy from FL

setting:
caths and Mr. X are discussing this crazy report that Mr. X developed and caths is testing.
caths is having a hard time understanding the relationship between tables because of the crazy naming convention. caths has never seen anything like these out-of-this-world names!
actually Mr. X is aso having a hard time getting to know how the tables work!

note: actual table names changed. i don't want to have anything used against me at any point.

... and the chat goes ...

[03:33] caths says:

2 thoughts actually...

[03:33] caths says:

1) if LAVTED table is like peop_char, how do we know it belongs to that particular call in CMACTBL (phn_line)... for example, we have 2 valid records from CMACTBL, are we going to create all LAVTED records for each of these 2 phn_line records?

[03:33] caths says:

2) in the 2nd table on my email, you said we're including recs even if NANO <> 'FLAT'... i don't think we can build an output for CHEMDATA (rec 1) because there's no value in STDATA

[03:34] Mr. X says:

ahhhh you're making my head hurt

[03:34] Mr. X says:

you're assuming I know these tables

[03:34] Mr. X says:

my meeting was canceled by the way

[03:35] caths says:

sorry... my head is aching too... my ears are bleeding, btw

[03:35] caths says:

hehe

[03:35] Mr. X says:

yikes

[03:35] Mr. X says:

um, you should have that checked out

[03:35] caths says:

jk

[03:35] caths says:

;p

[03:35] Mr. X says:

phew

[03:35] caths says:

my ears aren't bleeding... only my nose

[03:36] caths says:

haha

[03:36] Mr. X says:

you have a crazy sense of humor

* scared him, didn't i? :)

1 comment:

beng said...

hahaha! wow, you sure scared him caths! he must be getting images! =P