Sunday, February 27, 2011

project 365 - day 2 - in prayer

my first experience of going to the adoration chapel was at st. andrew's church in paranaque. at first, i found it eerie to be there with the lights dim, everybody in deep prayer, nobody ever talks. but beyond the eeriness was a very solemn moment when i felt closest to my God.


here in sg, it's very ironic that we live 3 minutes away from the church and yet i seldom visit the adoration chapel. i am grateful now that my mom asks me to accompany her adoration chapel visits. we go at least once a week and it's a wonderful feeling that way - being in a sanctuary with my dear Father.


during our visit this afternoon, we found a lady in deep prayer to her God (who is also my God, and mami's too, and yours too!) natuwa ako. she seemed to be in a trance, her hands were extended, and she was whispering her prayers. i started to say my prayers but sad to say, i was distracted with the lady's loud whispers. it wasn't a good prayer time for me :(


so here she is, the lady in deep prayer. maybe someday i'll develop a better prayer habit - one that can't be distracted and destructed no matter how loud or chaotic the world around me is.


No comments: