Saturday, February 12, 2011

THAT night part 2

holland tulips

the first supplier to arrive at the hotel was holland tulips. i loved the simplicity of my bouquet - pink tulips. the bouquet was small but the size (and more importantly, the weight... and most importantly, the appeal) was perfect for me. the other bouquets were just as lovely. i wish i took pics of the flowers but i wasn't at the right state of mind then.

i loved dealing with holland tulips. the transaction was quick and simple and they delivered ok. i say ok because there was a misunderstanding with the offertory flowers. i'm 100% sure that i followed up for 2 bouquets a week before the wedding. something went wrong somewhere because the offertory bouquets did not make it and i wasn't too alert to check when the flowers were delivered at the hotel. but it's ok, i love this supplier and i'm pretty sure that it was purely a misunderstanding.

flowers - check!

aling nita

next supplier who arrived was aling nita, the old school parlorista from a humble parlor in sto. nino. aling nita is our trusted HMUA since i was a kid. we love how you won't look like badingerzi because her makeup is just light and just right. she's not some bagito makeup artist. her advantage over the modern HMUAs is she's been an artist for so long that she knows her craft so well. you won't go wrong with her. pero dahil nakikiuso ako, :p i wanted to try airbrush #masabilangnaairbrush. so i still got aling nita's services for the entourage members. as early as 10am, she started the HMUA of my girls. she never let us down :)

i feel that somehow, aling nita felt bad for not doing my HMUA. it was very awkward to tell her that she'll only do my girls (ang pangit pakinggan) and not me. she was very gracious and machika as ever and i will forever recommend her services to others.

entourage makeup - check!

chelle serrano

at around 1pm, my HMUA arrived. she's chelle and she was recommended by my gown maker, mishel. i was a bit worried, thinking that we're running a bit late. chelle did my + 2 moms' HMUA as well. i loved chelle's airbrush makeup. i loved my hair. i loved how the whole thing lasted until midnight without trace of oiliness on my t zone. i loved how the makeup appeared and felt very light.

jimmy reyes

jimmy and les were my spi officemates. they were so kind to have offered to do backup photography for the wedding - for free :) they arrived at the hotel and started taking snapshots of the events. super thanks to jimmy and les for this. les also acted as a backup coordinator in the absence of my coordinator.

niceprint

then the primary photographers arrived. so it all started to sink in - this is really is it! hehehe! they started taking photos and videos. i felt that they had a hard time making me smile during the preparations shoot. first, i was really, really tired. next i was really, really tensed. also, i was really, really nervous. they were a lovely bunch of people though. very professional and they made the mood light. i love them.

ate emy

ate emy is mishel's assistant. she helped me to get myself into my gown. yahoo!

chaos

then the chaos began. the bridal suite started to be full of busy people. at this point:
  • the bed was still in disarray. i haven't thought of calling housekeeping to tidy up the bed. i was totally disoriented.
  • the entourage girls plus their plus ones plus my family were all there. it was a suite alright, but it was a bit too small if a crowd starts to gather.
  • my coordinator team was late.
hays. of all the suppliers that could go wrong, why, why, why, why did my coordinators fail me? they were supposed to be the first to arrive. the opposite happened.

to be continued...

No comments: