Friday, May 16, 2014

Pests

It's been a known fact that mosquitoes find my scent yummy. My cousin doctor said my body is warmer than usual that's why these pests choose to attack me more than the others.  I haven't been bitten for a long time. But lately, there seems to be a mosquito nest somewhere in our house. Let me sit for a few minutes and they come swarming towards me. The most that i've had is around 15 bites in a span of 3 minutes. I have no idea how they do it but they sure are good at what they do!

The bites are extra big this time. I've had 3 bites having this scary appearance:


I've read a bit. Research says some people are allergic to mosquito saliva. When a person gets the bite, the body produces histamines. This causes the itch and the swelling, thus the need for anti-histamine.

I am very "visible" to mosquitoes. That's why we need patches, mosquito lotions - to hide our scent from these pests. Could you believe that even if I wear pajamas they could still bite through the fabric? If you think that's scary, watch this. Gross!

No comments: